Advanced Strategic Mine Planning
Discover the Profitability of End-to-End Mine Optimization
GEOVIA Whittle enables open pit mining companies to first accurately evaluate the financial viability of a mineral deposit and options for capital investment and development, then determine the optimal long-term strategic mine plan and schedule to extract the full value of that deposit over the life of the mine. Through a range of customizable components, including strategic scheduling, detailed cost, price, and recovery modelling, multiple scenario analyses, blending, cut-off and simultaneous stockpile optimization, Whittle empowers mines to achieve full, end-to-end mine optimization — a process proven to improve net present value well above pit optimization alone.
GEOVIA Whittle Roles
Discover the world’s most comprehensive strategic mine planning role-based portfolio for surface mining.
Find the optimal mining strategy utilizing a combination of economic, physical, geotechnical and operational constraints.
- Choose either Pseudoflow or Lerchs-Grossman (LG) algorithm to generate optimized pit shells
- Utilize unparalleled toolkit for high level economic evaluation of new projects and operating open pit mines
- Uncover and understand economic drivers and associated sensitivities
- Focus on NPV maximization or resource recovery
- Manage projects with an easy-to-use framework
- Analyze multiple scenarios and elements with advanced reporting and charting
Optimize blend considering the schedule and existing stockpiles to ensure these are optimized at the same time, driven by the overall objective of maximizing the Net Present Value (NPV) of the whole operation.
- Blend optimization based on Whittle schedules or imported schedule
- Bulk blend scenario analysis considering multiple products with different specifications, prices, blending costs and blending limits
- Handle multiple coal specifications and constraints such as minimum BTU, max ash and sulphur
- Perform extractive blend factoring in blending costs and constraints, such as process recovery, prices and selling costs while limits are applied to the extractive process
- Handle multiple stockpiles, different cut-offs, time dependant recoveries, initial size and grade while utilizing Whittles scheduling engine to determine the optimal blend strategy
*Prerequisites: GEOVIA Pushback Optimizer
Multi Mine Optimize
Perform a single optimization over a complex collection of mines all while maintaining individual work constraints for each mine. Producing a more realistic overall schedule from the different areas all within the one optimization framework.
- Run a single optimization over a whole mining complex
- Apply individual work constraints for each mine within a complex
- Define unique physical constraints for each mine, such as mining width
- Modify mining rate per mine in different scenarios
- View, report and analyze all or individual mines in one go
*Prerequisites: GEOVIA Pushback Optimizer.
Create Strategic Mine Plans linking in Milawa’s Life of Mine Scheduling approach focused on NPV or material balance.
- Determine best set of practical pushbacks or mining phases
- Develop optimal and achievable life of mine schedules
- Handle complex mining and processing constraints
- Calculate NPV based on realistic schedules supporting up to 50 pushbacks
Simultaneously optimize schedules, cut-offs, stockpiles and blend for the life of the operation. Find better outcomes compared to traditional methods resulting in higher Net Present Value (NPV) for the operation.
- Increase NPV beyond multiple sequential optimization mechanisms
- Simultaneously optimize the optimization mechanisms for cut-off, blending, stockpiling and sequencing to create the ultimate mine schedule
- Make individual optimization mechanisms more accessible in a single step
- Analyze and report using both standard Whittle outputs and advanced spreadsheet reporting
- Handle 30 processing paths as well as capital or CAPEX optimization
*Prerequisites: GEOVIA Pushback Optimizer
Whittle helped us extend our bench across the orebody and come up with new cash flows. We have increased our ore reserves by more than 1.2 million tonnes in six months, and we expect extra years of production from the Youga mine.
– Samuel Takyi, Senior Mine Planning Engineer, Etruscan Resources Inc