INTEGRATED GEOLOGY, RESOURCE MODELING, MINE PLANNING AND PRODUCTION
GEOVIA Surpac ™ is the world’s most popular geology and mine planning software, supporting open pit and underground operations and exploration projects in more than 120 countries.
The software delivers efficiency and accuracy through ease-of-use, powerful 3D graphics and workflow automation that can be aligned to company-specific processes and data flows.
Surpac addresses all the requirements of geologists, surveyors, and mining engineers in the resource sector and is flexible enough to be suitable for every commodity, orebody and mining method. Its multilingual capabilities allow global companies to support a common solution across their operations.
- Comprehensive tools include: drillhole data management, geological modeling, block modeling, geostatistics, mine design, mine planning, resource estimation, and more.
- Modular and easily customized to adapt to changing needs.
- Expanded sharing of data, skills and project knowledge across teams and departments.
- Increased time savings with compliance to company-specific processes.
- Consistency of execution using task automation.
- Reduced data duplication with file format support of popular GIS and CAD systems.
- Integrated production scheduling with GEOVIA MineSched™.
- Multilingual support: English, Chinese, Russian, Spanish and French.
Discover Surpac 2020
GEOVIA Surpac 2020 enhances the stope optimization capability by adding the ability to generate multiple stope optimization scenarios allowing for rapid What-If analysis; point cloud capabilities improved through new workflow processes with the addition of time saving features; SDM files use of metadata enhanced providing users with the ability to reclassify and colour data based on different criteria and much more.Download Surpac 2020 What´s New Datasheet
Discover the world’s most comprehensive geology and mine planning role-based portfolio for surface and underground mining.
Collaborate, inspect, report and plot mine plans and geological models.
All the tools you need to visualize and collaborate with other mine planners and geologists on enterprise mining data.
- Input, access and output mining geological and engineering data
- Select, constrain and view exploration data and mine information
- Model and create complex surface and solids representing mining data
- Create point and line data with comprehensive CAD toolset
- Import and manage massive point cloud data, clean and generate surface meshes, and report on volumes
- Automate workflows using powerful scripting capabilities with ability to record and playback
- Support very large point cloud datasets
- Enable reports, plans and visual outputs for production crews and other downstream uses
- Languages supported: English, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, and French
Capture and process daily survey data for use in mining processes.
Generate the daily survey requirements for the mine site by integrating and processing survey data from CMS, GPS and other traditional survey instrumentation, and update as-built mine geometry from reduced survey data.
- Calculate total material handled, rehandled or filled
- Set out or delineate locations and boundaries
- Ensure compliance with survey‑related regulation or legislation
- Publish the following measured survey data for use in the mining production process:
- Survey control stations and reduced pickups
- Mining infrastructure (buildings, roads, processing plants, etc.)
- As-built maps of the mine, compared to the design
- Monthly volumes mined/filled and broken (reconciliation)
Visualize and interpret geoscience data and generate geological models.
Visualize and analyze drill holes and other surface samples and measurements. Perform compositing, sectional geological modeling, meshing and gridding of surface and subsurface geology objects, and bench based grade control calculations for open cut operations.
- Input, access and output various types of geological data
- Select, constrain, view and interpret geological data
- Create geological, structural and domain models
- Conduct face mapping from point cloud and photogrammetric meshes
- Calculate volumes and model quality of materials within area under investigation
Analyze the spatial variability of earth characteristics and create volumetric models.
Analyze the spatial variability of earth characteristics and create regularized volumetric models of the combined set of characteristics. Perform bench based block grade control calculations for open cut operations.
- Calculate volume and quality of materials within extents of an area under investigation
- Create reports of any geological object according to international standards
- Generate volumetric block models & perform geostatistical analysis
- Evaluate mineral resources
- Produce outputs for regulatory reports and investment feasibility decisions
Visualize and analyze any oriented structural geology data.
A comprehensive set of visualization and analysis tools for any kind of oriented data such as drill holes, point clouds and textured meshes.
- Extract and visualize orientations directly from drill holes, points and block models
- Analyze surface gradients
- Visually create planes from point clouds or textured meshes and analyze them on a stereographic projection
- Perform structural trend analysis in large and complex datasets
- Perform rapid structural analysis of point cloud and photogrammetry dataset
Create optimal stope shapes for underground mining.
Create and consider multiple possible stope designs to determine the optimal design that meets a set of strategic objectives, often tied to extracting the highest possible economic value from a deposit.
- Generate optimum stope designs for a range of underground mining methods
- Produce stope inventories from block models that spatially represent the location of mineralization
- Generate stope designs that maximize recovered resource value above cut-off grade
- Create practical mining parameters such as minimum and maximum mining width, anticipated wall dilutions, minimum and maximum wall angles and many other factors
Create mine designs for surface and underground mining.
Convert strategic mine plans into practical mine designs including mine surfaces, ramps, tunnels, haul roads, waste dump, whilst also producing reserve reports and mine plans. Encompasses all design horizons including daily, weekly, monthly and long term.
- Design bench, berm and ramps constraints for surface mining
- Design stopes, tunnels, ramps and shafts for underground mining
- Design waste dumps, tailing dams and haul roads for mining infrastructure
- Incorporate geotechnical constraints such as slope stability
- Integrate geology for reserve reporting of grade, tonnes and volumes
- Produce mine plans and visual outputs for communication with production crews
Design and plan drill and blast patterns for surface and underground mining.
Design and plan suitable blast patterns to ensures monthly production tonnage targets are met, factoring in safety, materials and costs associated while looking for ways to reduce costs and improve performance.
- Surface mining – efficient design of bench blast patterns considering blast hole layout, load and charging, detonation sequence and blast solids
- Underground mining – efficient design of underground ring or drill & blast patterns considering blast hole layout, load & charging, detonation sequence and drill rig parameters
- Produce reports, plans and visual outputs for production crews and required reporting for costs and volumetrics against targets
This is the power of Surpac as a communication tool. We can visualize an interpretation, lock it in 3-dimensions and then we can bring in all the drilling, all the infrastructure, the development, the headings and know instantly whether we are on track…Surpac allows us also to link the departments together. So the surveyors, engineers and geologists all use the same data sets, use the same string files—they are using a living data set so that we are all talking from the same page.
– Mark Muller, Chief Geologist
Surpac ensures that I can see how we’re going in 3-dimension…working with other departments to ensure we are getting the maximum amount out in the quickest possible time.
– Paul Darcey, Mine Manager, Mariners Nickel Mine.